Home

Donate Now buttonThe Alabama Alpha Mu chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon was founded on June 15, 1878 as the first fraternity at the Agricultural & Mechanical College (Auburn University). John E. D. Shipp came to Auburn determined to organize a chapter at a time when fraternities were forbidden on campus. Working in secrecy with SAE brothers at Georgia, Shipp had two members of Mercer University’s chapter travel to Auburn to install the chapter behind Old Main in a cornfield where Samford Hall now stands. Over 135 years since being chartered, the SAE’s have always been regarded as one of the premier fraternities on campus. Alabama Alpha Mu chapter continues to mold young men into leaders who live by “The True Gentleman.”

Visit us on Facebook

Photos

Recent Donors

  • No recent donors at this time

Posts

Alabama Alpha Mu Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon • Copyright © 2014
P.O. Box 241767, Montgomery, AL 36124-1767